Clasum, as an online buying and selling site, is not involved in any transaction between the buyer and seller in whatever capacity. We do not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow service, or offer buyer protection or seller certification.
Clasum will try to keep the site free from scammers as well as from fraudulent and deceitful transactions. If you suspect that an ad or post may be part of a scam, please send us the detail and we will look into it.
- Never pay in advance to any seller that you do not know.
- Don’t send money, whether it’s cash, check or direct bank transfer, if you have never seen the item.
- Do not feel confident even if the seller provides you with his personal information or bank account number. This does not guarantee your protection from being cheated.
- Keep things local by meeting face-to-face with the seller to see the item and exchange money. Follow this rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
- For your personal safety, meet the seller in a well-lit public place like a mall or train station. If possible, always take someone with you, or at least tell someone where you are going.
- Never carry large sums of money with you. When buying a branded or expensive item, we recommend that you meet with the seller first to check the item out for authenticity. If you wish to proceed with the purchase, either go to the bank with the seller to make the payment or arrange to meet somewhere safe with the money.
- Make sure you are satisfied and happy with the item you are about to purchase before finalizing the transaction.
- When possible, request for an original receipt or a written receipt for the purchase.
- Never send the item you are selling before payment arrangements have been finalized.
- Keep things local by meeting face-to-face with the buyer to exchange items and money at the same time. Follow this rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
- For your personal safety, meet the buyer in a well-lit public place like a mall or train station. If possible, always take someone with you, or at least tell someone where you are going.
- Be always on the lookout for warning signs that you are dealing with a scammer. If in doubt, contact Clasum for advice or don’t proceed with the transaction.
- If you were defrauded by someone you met in person, contact your local police department.
By following these simple safety tips we can all make Clasum online marketplace a much safer experience for everyone.